The main objective of the assignment was to assess the labour market needs in the following industrial sectors in Greater Cairo to cover current and future activities anticipated.
- Building material production for green construction (energy efficient building)
- Energy efficient transportation (e.g. changing from gasoline to natural gas)
- Waste management and recycling
- Energy conservation
The main activities carried out by NSCE in this assignment were as follows:
- Conducted desk research and reviewed secondary material related to green economy and occupations;
- Identified and listed private sectors companies, employer’s organizations and other institutions involved directly or indirectly in green economy, categorize them;
- Prepared a preliminary questionnaire addressed those companies in order to identify different occupations/ skills needed. Include in the survey additional occupations/skills not related to green economy is included;
- Run a pretest for the questionnaire, presented results to stakeholders and adapted it accordingly;
- Run a survey among selected companies;
- Identified institutions that are deliver programmes related to green economy;
- Presented a bilingual draft report (En. and Ar.) to stakeholders and fill missing gaps.