Description of the project:
The overall objective of the assignment was to raise the awareness and increase the capacity building of practitioners, extension workers, civil society and local communities towards an increasing involvement of women in integrated water resources management and policy making.
Services delivered by NSCE:
Development, design, and production of a comprehensive toolkit on gender in IWRM in Egypt were based on the following activities:
- In-depth literature review on IWRM in Egypt, and efforts to mainstream gender.
- Interviews and focus group discussions with ministry staff, farmers, and WUA members.
- Development of toolkit content in English and Arabic
- Design and production of toolkit
- Dissemination workshop with water management stakeholders.