The project developed by EBRD, supported by the green climate fund and European Union,the project is jointly implemented by Stantec and NSCE starting February 2020 and ending in February 2024.
EBRD is launching, through the Green Value Chain project, a loan facility that will be extended through PFIs of up to EUR 70 million to eligible SMEs. Through the facility, SMEs eligible for loan agreements will be supported in innovation processes and production as well as their abilities to become more resource and energy-efficient, which would allow them to contribute to advanced local and export markets and the overall improvement of value chains in Egypt. The project is being jointly implemented by Stantec and NSCE starting February 2020 and ending in February 2024.
The project’s activities include:
- The establishment of operational guidelines, tools and quality assurance manuals;
- Marketing and awareness-raising activities to promote the facility and added value of green value chain investments, such as increased competitiveness, profitability, and reduced environmental impact;
- Training for participating financial institutions, vendors and suppliers in the technology sector and seminars and workshops with relevant NGOs in SME financing;
- Sub-projects assessment methodology and monitoring of the facility through assessment reports;
- Product development with PFIs;
- Excellence awards for best sub-projects.