The project developed by EBRD, supported by the green climate fund and European Union,the project is jointly implemented by Stantec and NSCE starting July 2020 through 2023.
The project is the operation of a loan of up to EUR 100 million from the EBRD through the Participating Financial Institution (PFI) and the National Bank of Egypt (NBE). The facility aims to support SME borrowers to make energy and resource efficiency investments that would allow them to become more sustainable as well as increase their competitiveness. The project’s approach is also gender sensitive, with an integrated gender and social inclusion action plan. The project will be implemented starting July 2020 through 2023.
The project’s activities include:
- Establishment and standardization of an operations manual and quality assurance manual;
- Conducting a gender baseline assessment and corresponding gender action plan;
- Marketing strategy and plan to engage SMEs and promote the credit line;
- Training for PFI (NBE) through a training and capacity building program;
- Training on product development;
- Monitoring of the facility through assessment reports.