To develop a study to assess the socioeconomic impact of the construction of primary and rural roads, addressing issues such as access to agricultural markets and social and economic infrastructure and volume and value of transported goods.
To assess to what extent the project has succeeded in achieving the following:
- Improved access to agricultural markets, especially during the rainy season, as well as access to basic social and economic infrastructure,
- Increased volume and value of goods transported, reduced travel time to market and reduced vehicle operating costs,
- Sustainability of the road network by ensuring maintenance of roads.
Services Provided by NSCE
- Develop project operational plan to implement four different types of survey during the dry and wet season and monitoring progress and quality.
- Develop the study of conceptual framework, define research tools and methodology, sample selection, pre-test on the field, prepare the analytical framework for overall results integration and collect and review past data on traffic and economic impact
- Design and implement training programmes, conduct pilot visits and field research
- Data collection and analysis of the four different surveys and design database