The project aimed to support efforts to halt land degradation and improve the ameliorative condition of land, ensure sustainable development of agriculture on irrigated lands, and improve effective use of water and land resources. ADB, GEF, and beneficiaries related the outcome of the project with:
- Strengthening the policy of implementing sustainable development principles;
- Effective mobilization of all agencies responsible for management of land resources;
- Establishment of a clear interaction between government agencies and land users;
- Replication of best practices in joint sustainable management of land resources;
- Restoration of the engineering infrastructure for water and land resources,
- Capacity building and effective project management.
- LIP was implemented in three pilot sites: Bukhara, Navoi and Kashkadarya Regions.